Events to benefit homeless youth shelters, crisis services for The Center for Youth
In its ninth year, Fashion Week of Rochester returns to the big tent next to Midtown Athletic Club on Tuesday October 9th and runs through Saturday the 13th featuring five runway shows highlighting local & national designers, retailers, community leaders and talent. The annual fundraiser for The Center for Youth attracts thousands of people to the city and raises funds and awareness for youth homelessness, youth shelters and emergency programs.
Tickets and additional information are available at www.fashionweekofrochester.org. All proceeds go to The Center for Youth’s homeless youth shelters and crisis services.
Schedule of Fashion Week 2018 Events at Fashion Week Tent: 100 E. Highland Drive, Rochester:
· 5pm Thursday, Oct 4: Wheels & Deals – Fashion Week Boutique crawl: A retail destination event that brings business to shops and retailers in and around the city. The event will mark the official start of Fashion Week 2018. More than 200 shoppers are expected to participate. The boutique crawl includes retailers like: Parkleigh, Peppermint, A Different Point of View, Neon Wave and more. Full list of participating retailers released the night of the crawl.
· 12:15pm Tuesday, Oct. 9: Afternoon Rendezvous luncheon & runway show: Fashion Week hosts its first daytime event at the Fashion Week tent with a runway show and luncheon, featuring sports & professional wear and a favorite with attendees uniformed members of the City of Rochester Fire Department. Tickets for individual seats: $50. Limited VIP tables still available (Doors open at 11:30am)
· 6:30pm Wednesday, Oct. 10: Lead the Way runway show: Returning after great success in 2017 is the Lead the Way runway show featuring community leaders, influencers & community youth on the runway. This special show is free to area students ages 12-18 with ID. Family & friends tickets are $30.
(Doors open at 5:00pm)
· 7:30pm Thursday, Oct. 11: Walk & Roll runway show: The show with an edge. Buckle up for the most exciting show yet – mind-blowing designs by RIT design students, BMX bikes, drag queens and more – a popular night each year. (Doors open at 6:30pm)
· 7pm Friday, Oct. 12: Runway to Rochester runway show: This family-friendly show celebrates what makes Rochester unique. The community, culture and diversity of our great city are highlighted.
(Doors open at 6:00pm)
· 8pm Saturday, Oct. 13: The Final Look runway show: Always the show people look forward to most. Exquisite bridal, menswear, performers and more close out the 9th annual Fashion Week of Rochester.
(Doors open at 6:30pm)
In its ninth year, Fashion Week of Rochester returns Tuesday October 9th and runs through Saturday the 13th and features five nights of runway shows highlighting local & national designers, retailers, community leaders and talent. The annual fundraiser for The Center for Youth attracts thousands of people to the city and raises funds and awareness for youth homelessness, youth shelters and emergency programs.
VIP & general admission tickets go on sale Wednesday, September 5th. Tickets can be purchased online at fashionweekofrochester.org. Limited VIP tables for each night are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For a second year in a row, admission is free to area youth ages 12-18 to the October 10th Lead the Way show, an inspirational night featuring area youth, business leaders & emerging talent.
Fashion Week 2018 events:
Thursday October 4th – Boutique crawl and Oysters & Bubbly event with Midtown Athletic Club Tuesday, October 9th – Afternoon Rendezvous Runway Show & luncheon
Wednesday, October 10th – Lead the Way Runway Show
Thursday, October 11th – Walk & Roll Runway Show
Friday, October 12th – Runway to Rochester Runway Show
Saturday, October 13th – Fabulous Finale Runway Show
Where: 100 E. Highland Drive (open lot directly south of Midtown Athletic Club)
The 6+ acre lot will feature a canvas & beam structure erected on-site. The ‘igloo-style’ tent returns to Rochester a second year in a row, even bigger than the year before.
Why: Fashion Week of Rochester shines a light on emerging and well-known designers in support of The Center for Youth programs & services. In its 9th year, Fashion Week provides crucial funding necessary to provide safe and stable housing to young people and operate crisis services for families and children, including an expanded Crisis Nursery location and an LGBTQ homeless & trafficked youth shelter scheduled to open later this year.